This position is in charge of Logistics, Import-Export and Transportation management to provide business support to internal and external business partners with the objective of enhancing the logistics and transportation efficiencies and capabilities for the supply chain. The Manager is accountable for the leadership, day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of company’s logistics and transportation practices, procedures, customs regulation compliance, spend and relationships with services providers.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics, import-export and transportation operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports-exports or customer delivery issues
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as customs regulation, routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others
- Ensure we utilize the best options for import-export privilege to optimize logistics cost such as AFTA, BOI and other government promotion policy.
- Ensure compliance with import-export regulations/customs regulations and legal and safety requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
- Select carriers/services provider, negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics and monitor service against performance criteria.
- Manage and monitor logistics related performance (quality, quantity, on time delivery and transportation costs)
- Setup departmental KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Ensure all Logistics staffs follow company rule, regulation and policy
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
Experience & Education
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics problems, applications and distribution systems.
- Excellent speaking and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in logistics/supply chain/transportation with at least one 3 years in management level
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain management, Business management or related field
- Excellence knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, Trade agreement for each region, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
- Transportation/Logistics Management Certification preferred